Check out this great information from Young Living.
These oils have made such a difference in our lives. I highly recommend them. If you have questions about oils or want to know where to start with oils contact Lennea @ 843-655-0555 or email@example.com
Yoga Health and Essential OilsYoga is an ancient discipline that originated in India. It focuses on joining the physical and spiritual bodies through poses (asanas) and meditation. Archaeological discoveries suggest that yoga originated sometime between 3300 to 1700 B.C.E. Today, yoga is experiencing increased popularity worldwide as a form of relaxation, a way of deepening the mind/body connection, and as a method of total-body exercise.
Essential oils naturally complement yoga by supporting physical and mental strength and focus through the science of aromatherapy. Essential oils are extremely versatile and have many practical applications in yoga, including techniques for complementing pranayama, meditation, relaxation, post-practice, and for cleansing and purifying. Essential oils are also used to activate and balance the energy centers—or Chakra System—of the body.
Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ essential oils can create an environment that supports deeper yoga practice. Watch Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman Yee talk about integrating Young Living essential oils into their yoga practice.
Watch Rodney Yee
Yoga and Essential OilsDepending on the specific constituents in the oil, incorporating certain oils throughout a yoga routine may lead to increased energy, relaxation or focus, decreased stress, or deeper meditation.
By incorporating the use of essential oils into your practice, you can experience:
- Refined focus and mental clarity
- Deepened mental and emotional grounding
- Strengthened body-mind connection
- Increased stamina
- Reduced muscle and joint tension
Practical Applications for YogaEssential oils can also be inhaled or applied topically to certain areas of the body to increase energy, relaxation or focus, decrease stress, or deepen meditation. Below is a basic guide of how to use oils during your yoga practice.
- Purify: Diffusing oils like lemon essential oil, grapefruit essential oil, Citrus Fresh™ essential oil, Thieves® essential oil or Purification ® essential oil before or in between yoga class will purify the air while bringing a refreshing, uplifting energy to the space.
- Cleanse: For cleaning the studio floor, use Thieves Household Cleaner. This non-toxic product is safe for hardwood floors and can also be used for cleaning yoga mats and bathroom surfaces.
- Meditation (dhyana): Diffuse or directly inhale oils such as lavender essential oil, Peace & Calming® essential oil, or frankincense essential oil for a deepened, more relaxed experience.
- Breathing (pranayama): The pure aroma of
essential oils such as frankincense essential oil, peppermint essential
oil, and Raven™ essential oil assist in opening pathways to a more
emotional state of mind via the pineal gland. Directly inhaling
peppermint can help bring more oxygen to the brain.
- Exercise (asana): Topical application of oils such as Deep Relief™ essential oil, Pan Away™ essential oil, or peppermint essential oil may help alleviate muscle soreness and tension. Peppermint can also aid to increase focus and mental clarity, and when added to a cool glass of water, can help sooth minor stomach discomfort. Lavender essential oil can also be used to decrease post-practice muscle irritation.
Popular essential oil singles and blends for Meditation and Prayer
- Awaken essential oil blend (enhances inner self-knowledge, stimulates right/creative brain, balancing energy centers of body)
- Brain Power essential oil blend (promotes deep concentration, channels physical energy into mental energy, mental clarity)
- Cedarwood essential oil (stimulates limbic region of the brain, and pineal gland)
- Frankincense essential oil (deepen spiritual connections)
- Gratitude essential oil blend (elevate mood, soothing, fostering a grateful attitude, embodies the spirit of oneness)
- Grounding essential oil blend (creates a feeling of solidarity and balance)
- Harmony essential oil blend (harmonic balance for energy centers of the body, reduces stress, uplifting)
- Inspiration essential oil blend (used by Native Americans - spiritual quietness, prayer, enhance spiritually, inner awareness)
- Into the Future blend (helps with determination and pioneering spirit, enhancing enjoyment of challenges to success)
- Joy blend (uplifting, exotic, brings joy to the heart)
- Lavender essential oil (calming, relaxing, balancing)
- Live with Passion essential oil blend (Revives zest for life, improves inner energy)
- Magnify Your Purpose essential oil blend (stimulates right brain, activating creativity, motivation, focus, commitment of purpose)
- Motivation essential oil blend (feeling of action/accomplishment, positive energy)
- Peace & Calming essential oil blend (calms tensions, uplifts spirits, relaxing)
- Present Time essential oil blend (empowering, be in the moment, progressing and moving forward)
- Raven essential oil blend (helpful to respiratory/breathing)
- Release essential oil blend (helps release anger and memory of trauma, letting go of negative emotions and frustration)
- Sacred Mountain essential oil blend (instills strength, grounding, balancing to male/female energies)
- Sandalwood essential oil (deepen spiritual connections, grounding, helps remove negativity)
- SARA essential oil blend (empowering, soothing to deep emotional wounds)
- Transformation blend (empowering, helps uphold changes you want to make in beliefs, revitalizing new thought patterns)
- 3 Wise Men essential oil blend (opening to subconscious, spiritual awareness, soothes/uplifts the heart)
- Valor essential oil blend (empowering physical/spiritual, emotional equilibrium, helps align body energetically)
- White Angelica essential oil blend (sense of protection and wellness, wholeness, helps neutralize negative energy)