Here is some great information provided by Diane Mora:
YOUR YOUNG LIVING EMERGENCY BAG
by Diane Mora
Several of you have asked what Young Living products would be good to have in a bag to run out the door with if one had to leave in a hurry -- an emergency of some sort. It seems like there have been a lot of them around the world lately! Here are some ideas.
The ultimate protection against most anything is a strong, healthy immune system. Put Thieves oil on your feet every day and/or take it in internally. Take Longevity capsules. Purify your water with peppermint or lemon oil. Use a few drops of Di-Gize in your water regularly to prevent stomach upsets and take a capsule of peppermint or Di-Gize when you do have discomfort there. Also, peppermint will bring down fever naturally, help with hot flashes and cool you off on a warm summer day.
Please understand that this is a long list and it probably isn't even practical to have all of these items ready to go. Make choices for what would be most important for you and your family. These are not in any particular order.
1. Thieves blend and all the products it is in. The oil can be rubbed on the soles of the feet and also taken internally, between 5 and 15 drops in a capsule, swallowed with water. Brush your teeth with the oil or the toothpaste and rub it on the soles of the feet every day to build your immune system. All of the Thieves products are so valuable -- the essential oil blend, spray, lozenges, toothpaste, mouthwash, bar soap, Household Cleaner, Foaming Hand Soap and Waterless Hand Purifier. Use the Thieves Spray in your mouth, on unclean surfaces, in a place when people are coughing, etc.
2. Inner Defense has essential oils in a softgel. It contains Thieves, oregano, and thyme, along with others. Reach for this when you're "getting something" -- bacteria, virus or fungus -- or it's already here. Gary Young has said that when you have a serious health challenge, you should deal with it in an aggressive manner. Take up to six or eight capsules per day for several days, depending on the severity of the illness and the size of the person.
3. Peppermint for digestive upset or nausea, to cool the body, purify water, for headaches, to improve mental concentration and alertness, to deter unwanted ants, flies and other insects.
4. Trauma Life essential oil blend -- for any kind of trauma, past or present, physical or emotional.
5. Lavender oil for cuts, burns, scrapes, eczema, sunburn, insect bites, cleaning wounds, diminish headaches, stop a nosebleed, help a person relax -- and many, many more uses. We call it the Swiss army knife of the oils -- it does just about everything!
6. Purification for disinfecting our surroundings, for bug bites after you've been bitten (it neutralizes their poison) and as an insect repellent to keep them away!
7. White Angelica for protection. Can also help to dispel negative energies. Many massage therapists and other body workers apply White Angelica before working with clients.
8. Helichrysum and/or PanAway for discomfort, to reduce inflammation and bruising, to stop bleeding, and for discomfort anywhere on the body. Idaho balsam fir is also excellent for many of these same problems.
9. Frankincense - all purpose healer and antidepressant.
10. Sleep Essence softgels and Stress Away Roll-On to help you relax.
11. The Feelings Kit or some of the oils in it for emotional upliftment. Some great ones are Harmony, Present Time and Valor. I’d also have White Angelica and Trauma Life on hand.
10. AlkaLime to neutralize acid in the body. Taking AlkaLime during the day or before bedtime will help preserve the body's pH balance.
11. ImmuPower essential oil blend rubbed up the spine and on the soles of the feet.
12. Melrose, lavender, PanAway and/or helichrysum for wounds, scrapes or cuts.
13. And of course -- NingXia Red -- the most powerful antioxidant juice. Builds the immune system, gives energy, and helps with so many of the body's challenges. There's lots of information available on NingXia Red website
(www.NingXiaRed.com). Young Living sells it by the liter or in the one ounce singles. These one-ounce packs require no refrigeration and are great to grab and go, whether at work, on vacation, or in this emergency bag!
15. Wolfberry Crisp Bars and Apricot and Apple-Cinnamon Manna Bars. These are easy and delicious meal replacements.
16. Young Living's dried wolfberries - a must have! There's lots of information available on this topic!
Young Living's Power Meal is so tasty, easy to prepare and it is such a perfect food. I’ve attached my favorite recipe on the end of this! It is predigested protein, non-dairy, non-soy, and you can literally live on it. When some of my friends went through the hurricanes in Florida in 2005, one wrote to me and said that while everyone else was panicking because they couldn't cook, she was happy and healthy with her Power Meal, Wolfberry Crisp Bars, NingXia Red and dried wolfberries.
To survive whatever nature may have in store for us, we just need to have a strong, healthy immune system and many of the oils and oil-infused supplements provided by Young Living.
Remember -- the best time to get healthy was many years ago. The second best time is right now!
MEAL IN A GLASS!
by Diane Mora
Power Meal was formulated in 1997, and ever since then, I’ve been using this recipe with some modifications from time to time. I often add Pure Protein Complete (delicious!), but both are great with just water so you can actually use either or both. This is my favorite way to make it --
+ Put about 10 - 12 oz. cold water in large electric blender or VitaMix. I don't measure -- if it needs more water, add more
+ 1 or 2 scoops of Power Meal
+ 1 or 2 scoops Pure Protein Complete
+ 2-3 Tbsp. flax seeds, freshly ground each time you make this drink**
+ Blend and then add enough ice cubes to achieve desired thickness. You can make is really thick like a milk shake or not so thick –- your choice.
+ Add some Grade B maple syrup or agave to taste - optional.
+ Add at the very last, some fresh, raw sunflower seeds, unsalted, unroasted. I use a small handful.
Directions: Blend all except the sunflower seeds. Add ice cubes or water or whatever you wish to make it the way you want it -- thinner or thicker. At the very end, I add the sunflower seeds and blend for just for a couple of seconds -- leaving them crunchy.
When I do this recipe, I make probably three 8-ounce glasses. You can drink this for several hours, and you won't be hungry for a long time! Power Meal is some of the finest nutrition you'll find anywhere. It contains no dairy and no soy, and you can literally live on it!
**I have a small coffee grinder and I grind about two or three tablespoons of flax seeds every time I make this shake. It just takes seconds and you know it's fresh!
It would be your option to add other things – even essential oils! I'm thinking orange - Citrus Fresh - Christmas Spirit - tangerine ?? Not all at once, but it'd be fun to experiment with these individually. Remember -- every time we ingest oils, we're getting more oxygen! Enjoy!
** If you would like more information on essential oils or to order contact: firstname.lastname@example.org++
Information provided here is for educational use only and is not intended to replace proper medical advice. It is not for diagnostic or prescriptive use or to be construed as instruction on how to cure or treat any condition, illness or disease. Every individual is different, and what may work for one may not work for another person. If you have a health challenge, see the health professional of your choice.