Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oregano...not just for cooking!

While I was trying to decide which oil to feature today..I stopped to think "What has become one of my go-to oils"?
Oregano was the first oil to pop in to my head. Most of you know I am not a big fan of going to the doctor. If I can figure out how to treat myself at home...I will. Oregano is one of the most powerful antimicrobial essential oils. Research at Weber State University demonstrated a 00% kill rate against in vitro colonies of Streptococcus pneumoniae. It is high in phenolpropanoids, which cleanse cellular receptor sites.

Oregano has properties that are antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitc, antiseptic to the respiratory system, antiviral, antispasmadic, and it is also an immune stimulant! In French medicine they have used oregano for asthma, chronic bronchitis, mental disease, pulmonary tuberculosis, rheumatism, and whooping cough. It has also been know to aid with colds, digestion problems, hep balance metabolism, viral and bacterial pneumonia, and strengthen vital centers.

Oregano oil can be applied directly on vitaflex poins or area of concern, or may be infused in the air. Although I do love cooking with a drop of oregano as well!


 For more information contact Lennea: www.soulistic.health@yahoo.com or call
                                       843-655-0555

No comments:

Post a Comment